Date: Tuesdays, January 26 - March 15
Time: 6:00-8:30 pm
Fees: $295, includes 4 guided meditations and workbook
Location: Desert Song Healing Arts, Phoenix, AZ
PLEASE NOTE: The class at Desert Song is full with a waitlist. You can add your name to the waitlist below or register for the Cave Creek class.
Dramatically change your relationship to stress through this highly experiential, life-affirming 8-week course. The program was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at UMass Medical and is supported by 30 years of research.
Tens of thousands of people worldwide have accepted this invitation. They are a lot like you. They learned to integrate the methods taught in this course into their everyday lives.
Two decades of research indicates that most people who complete the course report:
- An increased ability to relax
- Reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with chronic pain
- Less second guessing when making decisions and solving problems
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- An ability to cope more effectively with stress, anxiety, and worry
Participants will learn life-long tools to help maximize life, even in the midst of stress, pain and illness.
MBSR is a highly experiential program devoted to supporting learning, growth and healing in the following ways:
Living fully, with appreciation of the present moment
Reducing the physical effects of long-term stress on the body
Identifying habitual ways of dealing with stress and choosing healthy alternatives
Communicating more effectively and compassionately
Responding, rather than reacting, to strong feelings such as anger, worry or guilt
Making mindfulness a way of life, not simply a practice you employ during yoga or meditation
The course is structured to help you build a consistent daily mindfulness practice, so that ultimately, all areas of your life are naturally infused with mindfulness.
Please note: In order to reap the full benefits of the course, you must make a commitment to participate in: 1) a weekly class for 8 weeks, 2) an all-day retreat on Saturday, February 27, and 3) 30-45 minutes of daily homework practice.
How will I know if this course is right for me?
The truth is, anyone with a a desire to live more fully and manage stress more effectively will benefit from this course. MBSR is different from traditional stress management approaches that often emphasize changing one’s outer circumstances. Since stress is a given, and nothing will make it go away for good, MBSR invites people to mobilize their own inner resources for changing they way they respond to stress. Participants leave with a renewed confidence in their capability to navigate stressful situations with greater wisdom, balance and ease.
You may also consider where you are right now and what you want more of in life:
- Do you want new ways to work with the same old problems?
- Do you keep yourself awake at night worrying about tomorrow’s to-do’s?
- Do you want research-based tools for living fully in the demands of a modern, fast-paced world?
- Do you react to strong emotions, such as anger or anxiety, in ways that hurt you or others?
- Do you frequently question or doubt yourself when making important decisions?
- Do you want more balance and peace of mind?
- Do you want to start or re-start a meditation practice in a supportive community?