Date: September 19 - November 14
Time: 7:05-9:35 pm (See details below)
Fees: $349, includes 4 guided meditations, home practice guide and Daylong Retreat
Location: Desert Song Healing Arts Center, Phoenix, AZ
Dramatically change your relationship to stress through this highly experiential, life-affirming course. The program was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at UMass Medical and is supported by 35 years of research.
Three decades of research indicate that people who complete the course report:
- An increased ability to relax
- Reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with chronic pain
- An ability to cope more effectively with stress, anxiety, and depression
- Increased capacity to solve problems and make important decisions
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
The overarching intention is to equip you with life-long tools to help maximize life, even in the midst of stress, pain, and illness.
The course is structured to help you build a consistent daily mindfulness practice, so that ultimately, all areas of your life are infused with mindfulness.
Please note: In order to reap the full benefits of the course, you must make a commitment to participate in:
- An Information Session on Tuesday, September 19 from 7:15-8:15 pm
- An 8 week course held on Tuesdays, September 26 – November 14
- An All-Day Retreat on Saturday, November 4 from 9 am – 4 pm.
In order to reserve a seat for an MBSR Class, you have two options.
Option 1: Register and pay $349 for the full course by credit/debit card via Desert Song’s secure website. (Scroll down and click sign-up for Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Class).
Please Note: Seats for the 8-week class are offered on a priority basis based on date of registration and attendance at the Info Session! If you choose to pay for the 8-week series in advance, the first step is to attend the Info Session! For those who don’t pay in advance, you’ll be asked to complete registration at the end of the Info Session.
You’ll receive a full refund if we’re notified by September 21, 2017.